Hi Friends, today I will tell you about DigiLocker. DigiLocker is an important part of the Digital India program run by the Indian government. On which you store your important documents such as your birth certificate, passport, education certificate, driving license, online and also do Axis if needed. Let”s know what is DigiLocker.
What is DigiLocker?
Digilocker is a government locker given to every Indian with 1GB of free space in which you can save and keep all your documents and use them when needed. DigiLocker provides an account in the cloud to every Indian citizen to access authentic documents/certificates such as driving license, vehicle registration, academic mark list in digital format from the original issuers of these certificates. The value of DigiLocker is very high if any document is kept in the Digilocker, so you do not need to keep the original with you. You can show the document kept in the Digilocker for verification. It is valid in the same way as if you are caught by the police and you do not have the original driving license and RC, you can show the driving license and RC in the Digilocker as well, this will not make your challan.
DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India. the government of India’s flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. I am going to tell you in detail How to use Digilocker and how do you save your documents in it?
How to Download Digilocker application?
- First, go to google play store on your mobile phone.
- Search Digilocker in the search tab.
- Install DigiLocker application.
How to Sign up and log in to DigiLocker?
- Open the app after installing it. You will see two ops. The first sign-in and the second sign-up, you have to click on sign-up. On clicking sign-up, you will be asked for your mobile number. Here you have to enter the number which is linked to the Aadhaar card.
- As soon as you enter the mobile number, an OTP will appear on your phone and enter it.
- Click on Verify after entering OTP. As soon as your number is verified, you will be asked to create a username and password.
- Condition for Username: Between 3-50 characters. can contain only lowercase letters, numbers and special characters dot(.), dash(-), underscore(_) and at the rate(@). Username cannot start with a special character.
- Condition for Password: Between 8-30 characters. Must contain at least one letter, one number, and one special character. Only hash(#), exclamation(!), asterisk(*), dollar($) and at the rate(@) are allowed as special characters.
- After creating a username and password, click on Sign up. Your account in Digilocker will be ready for use.
- First, you will open the Digilocker app on your smartphone.
- Enter Username and Password, then click on the sign-in button.
- You see a dashboard like below.
- Click on the issued document on the dashboard. (please link Adhar card before this process.)
- Press on the round search button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You will see the list of all issuer partners. scroll down and click on the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway, all States.
- 5. Here is an option for Driving License, Fitness Certificate, Registration of Vehicles, and Vehicle tax Receipt. Click on the option which you want, and fill the information as required. after doing that click on Get Document